Yorkshire Gin Tea Loaf
- 60ml Masons Yorkshire Tea Gin
- 180ml Booths Afternoon Tea, cooled
- 300g dried mixed fruit of your choice
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
A traditional Yorkshire recipe with a cheeky gin twist!
- Place the fruit into a large bowl or lidded tub. Mix together the tea and gin then pour over the fruit. Soak overnight in a cool dry place, not in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc / 350ºf / gas mark 4, then grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, and add the fruit mixture including the liquid, along with the egg and sugar then stir until well mixed.
- Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for about an hour or until golden and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Increase the gin content by another 30ml if you prefer a stronger gin taste, but be sure to reduce the amount of tea by 30ml to ensure a good bake.
Booths operate a think 25 policy. See drinkaware.co.uk for the facts.