Booths Scotforth Hosts Food Collection
Written on June 6th, 2016
Booths in Scotforth are hosting a huge food collection after work on Tuesday the 7th of June to help the Lancaster & District Homeless Action Service cook meals for the homeless and less well off.
The Lancaster & District Homeless Action Service provides crucial support for those in housing poverty and is in desperate need of fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh meat, and bread to cook hot meals for local people in need.
Between 17.30 -20.30, shoppers can bring in any spare food they have, which will go directly to LDHAS.
Manager at Booths Scotforth, Ben Cross, said
Quite simply, the generous people of Lancaster are donating a lot of the same items. So the appeal is for specific items that the collections do not always receive – this will enable the group to prepare meals for the homeless in the future.
Mike Marsden from LDHAS said
LDHAS and those less well-off really do rely on your donations and every little bit helps. We help much more than just the homeless in Lancaster & Morecambe and support other food banks and provide food parcels for those less off in our community.
The aim for this collection is to spread the word about the issues some people face in our city but we also are looking for your food donations and are going to set up conveniently after work hours at Booths on Scotforth.
The following items will be hugely appreciated:
- Fresh meat, bread, vegetables and fruit (All with at least 2 days left on the sell by date)
- Tinned food with meat
- Fray Bentos pies or packet meals
- Jams including marmite, peanut butter and chocolate spread
- Tinned food with meat. i.e. beans & sausage, spaghetti and meatballs
- Tinned fruit and vegetables
- Cheese, margarine & crisps
- Cup-a-soups, noodles, pot noodles (Instant snacks)
- Cooking sauces. I.e. sweet & sour, Dolmio, pasta bake etc.
- Shampoo, razor blades and shower gel
We’d love to see you there!