Goats’ Cheese, Sage & Chorizo Gnocchi
- 1 butternut squash, roasted whole
- 1/2 spicy chorizo ring, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Bunch of fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 70g soft goats' cheese
- 1 pack of fresh gnocchi
- To Serve
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- Remove the seeds of the roasted squash and discard. Scoop out the filling and roughly mash with a fork in a bowl.
- Fry the chorizo on a medium to high heat for a few minutes in a large pan until it releases the oils. There’s no need to add extra oil to the pan.
- Add the garlic and sage to the chorizo and stir for a minute so as to not burn it.
- Add in the mashed squash and stir for a minute.
- Turn the heat down, add the goats’ cheese and leave to melt a little while you prep the gnocchi. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick in the pan, turn the heat off if you need to.
- Boil your gnocchi in lightly salted water. Add a splash of the gnocchi water to the butternut squash mixture if it needs loosening.
- Drain the gnocchi and add to a frying pan with a drizzle of oil until golden and crisp.
- Mix the gnocchi with the butternut squash mixture.
- Finish with a generous grating of Parmesan.
Fancy having a go at making your own Gnocchi? Try this recipe here from The Boho Baker!